Baby Animal Circus

One of my girlfriends asked me to do the decor for her baby shower. She wanted a baby animal circus theme and trusted me enough to creatively run with it. And I did! I DIY'd the heck out of it!

The Invite

The Diaper Cake
This was essentially the biggest project I worked on for the shower. It was also the first diaper cake I had ever made. Ever. Not bad for a first try, huh? The most difficult aspect was the carousel big top sitting on top of the cake. It took me a long time to get it just right (i.e. up to code with my crazy high standards!). 

Cupcake Toppers
I created 4 different kinds for visual appeal and because I had to make quite a few of them. I, honestly, would've gotten bored putting together 50+ cupcake toppers that all looked the same. Just saying...
Centerpieces
I kept them sweet and simple, yet full of fun and whimsy. They were constructed with cardstock (pinwheels, popcorn box, circus animal, and personalized baby sign), curling ribbon, tissue paper, and sticks. It doesn't get much easier than that!
The backdrop 
What's a circus without a Big Top? In planning I knew I wanted to incorporate a Big Top beyond the small one on the diaper cake and the tiny ones on the cupcake toppers. I looked around for back drops and props, none of which I was happy with, so I made one myself. used 2 pieces of foam board, cut it up, and painted it. It turned out exactly as I had pictured in my mind. 
The "Come one, come all" banner was held up by this cute little elephant and his bucket of peanuts. It's those little touches that I love so much when decorating for a party. Every single person at the party may not notice those details, but those who do take the time to notice truly appreciate it.  

Banners
In addition to "Come one, come all" on the display table, I created two additional banners.
 "Welcome to the circus" greeted guests as they walked into the front door.
 "It's a boy!" was displayed on the wall above a beautiful grand piano that housed all the presents.

The decor was tied together with colored balloons matching in theme, streamers, and circus animal cutouts randomly spread out around the walls.

The Happy Mommy-to-be!

Credits: digital clipart used from Little Apples Design

2 comments

  1. Where did you get your diaper cake circus tent topper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gayle!

      I actually made the tent topper myself using striped paper straws, cardstock, circus animal digital stamps, and my trusty Silhouette! It took some time to construct, but the end result was well worth it.

      Thanks for stopping by,
      Lyttle

      Delete

Contact Form






Back to Top